Whether it be oral hygiene instruction, cleanings, or sealants, preventative dentistry is what we stress and are most proud of. Regular dental visits and cleanings provide removal of dental plaque from teeth to prevent cavities, gingivitis, and periodontitis.
Your initial exam and subsequent check ups will include:
- Dental X-Ray Review- This helps to detect tooth decay, cysts, tumors, or bone loss. X-rays are also used to determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral Cancer Screening- The gum line, lips, throat, face, and neck will be thoroughly reviewed for signs of cancerous growth that is essential in early detection.
- Evaluate Gum Health- The gum line and the surrounding bone will be reviewed for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examine for Tooth Decay- Our dentist uses specialized instruments to thoroughly check each section of a tooth for signs of tooth decay.
- Examine Restorations- Any crowns, fillings, implants, or veneers will be evaluated.